This manual is about the core principles and procedures for the starting up of, delivery of, and monitoring of One Stop Youth Information Resource Services. Using the guidelines within this manual will enable service users (and potential users) to be the central focus of service delivery. The purpose of the working manual, therefore, is to act as a point of reference for good practice, providing a framework for assessing the quality of services and the means of quality assurance for young people, information service managers and funding bodies.
This manual exists as one of a growing library of materials produced by UNHABITAT for use by and in the One Stop and We Are the Future Urban Youth Centres. Current titles in this series, at time of publication, include:
- Urban Youth Centre Setup Guide Volume 1
- Information Work and Youth Volume 2
- Community Mapping Guide Volume 3
- Entrepreneurship Program Guide Volume 4
- Program Planning and Evaluation Guide Volume 5