The concept of One Stop Centres grew out of a collaborative process with key stakeholders including youth, municipal leaders, and UN-HABITAT. The centres are envisioned to provide youth with safe spaces in urban settings where they can meet and take the lead in their own development as well as that of their urban environment, and be participants through initiatives such as municipal and national Youth Councils, for example in shaping policy related to issues affecting youth.
This manual exists as one of a growing library of materials produced by UNHABITAT for use by and in the One Stop and We Are the Future Urban Youth Centres. Current titles in this series, at time of publication, include:
- Urban Youth Centre Setup Guide Volume 1
- Information Work and Youth Volume 2
- Community Mapping Guide Volume 3
- Entrepreneurship Program Guide Volume 4
- Program Planning and Evaluation Guide Volume 5