Small water utilities face unique challenges in delivering water and sanitation services to their customers. With a limited revenue base and few opportunities to benefit from economies of scale, they often suffer from severe skill shortages and a long legacy of underinvestment in infrastructure and capacity enhancement. To overcome these challenges, the small utilities need to maximize their operating efficiencies and ensure optimum utilization of their assets.
Titles in this series:
- Finance Policies and Procedures Manual Volume 1
- Customer Services User manual Volume 2
- Block Mapping Guidelines Volume 3
- Water Audit Manual Volume 4
- Leakage Control Manual Volume 5
- Reduction of Illegal Water Volume 6